Berlin – In the purchase of nearly six billion protective masks during the corona pandemic, the federal government is threatened with reimbursement claims in the order of three million dollars, according to a report.
48 suppliers who have not been paid or only partially paid for the goods by the Federal Ministry of Health have so far brought civil proceedings in the competent regional court in Bonn, reported “Welt am Sonntag”.
According to information from “WamS”, around 100 other providers are preparing a coordinated legal procedure with the help of lawyers. In total, the companies concerned want to demand arrears of around 400 million euros. The law firms involved are said to have extrapolated.
A spokesperson for the regional court confirmed the receipt of 48 complaints until last Friday Sunday. These are claims of 300,000 euros to five million euros, he said. Several lawsuits would run into the millions. A first hearing is scheduled for September. The procedures would be dealt with individually. The first trials have already been received by the court in May. Two weeks ago it was 30.
So far, the Federal Health Ministry is aware of 21 lawsuits involving claims totaling 59 million euros, the newspaper wrote. The “delays in payment terms” were due to quality defects and incorrect invoices.
© dpa-infocom, dpa: 200809-99-99984 / 2