Murder of woman in Löwenstein renegotiated

Three good years after the murder of a woman in front of an evangelical conference center in Löwenstein, the Heilbronn district court must once again take up the case. A 66-year-old man appeared in regional court for the second time since Thursday.

The indictment accuses him of having endured his wife, who was separated from him, at the end of March 2017 and of having killed her with numerous knife bites. The accused did not comment on the allegations at the start of the trial and announced that he would not give any further information during the proceedings.

The 66-year-old was sentenced to life imprisonment in 2018. The Federal Court of Justice (BGH) in Karlsruhe overturned this decision and referred the case to the district court. The BGH had criticized the fact that the regional court had classified the DNA trace on a can of drink at the scene of the crime as “the most important indication”. However, this was not sufficiently motivated.

Without the testimony of the accused, the chamber must now deal with various protocols and rely on the memory of the many witnesses invited.

According to the defense, investigators made serious mistakes in locating the perpetrators early on. A judge at the first trial reported that defenders at the time also criticized the fact that the police too quickly and unilaterally targeted the husband as the only possible culprit.

A police officer testified that he found the man at his home early in the morning after the crime. The defendant did not give the impression of having been awakened, as he claims. He also had a new injury to the back of his hand which caught the attention of investigators. The man explained that this happened while drilling in the apartment.

The accused reportedly passed the 59-year-old woman when she left her workplace in the Heilbronn district in the evening. She worked there in a kiosk. The author was also wanted within the framework of the ZDF program “Aktenzeichen XY .. unresolved”. The husband was arrested a full two weeks later – found guilty of DNA traces at the scene.

Related:   Currents and wind expand oil spill off the coast of Mauritius | Society | America Edition

The couple, married since 1975, have been separated since 2015. According to the court, the woman had met a new partner on the Internet. The man had denied the murder during the First District trial.

Almost 20 additional dates have been set for the new process. As it stands, the verdict could be delivered in mid-October.

Disclaimer: Gitenberg brings its readers, one source of useful information for their next new vehicle purchase. We treat every model range independently and understand that not all cars are built for the racetrack and not all cars are built for the school run. Gitenberg applies an unbiased view when compiling reviews for its readers, providing key information and opinions to help make that next new car purchase a lot easier.

If you'd like to buy a car, visit here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *